09 Mar Batter Up!
Do you think there’s room in the MLB for the Charlotte Electricians?
Thursday, March 29 is opening day of the Major League Baseball season. We have to wait an additional week for the start of the Minor League Baseball season. The Charlotte Knights, a farm club for the Chicago White Sox, will open their season on Thursday, April 5 with a four-game stand in Durham, from there they head to Norfolk.
(Don’t worry, though, if you need an electrician in Charlotte NC, you can count on Father and son electric service – even if it’s game night. Of course, if you’re at the game and you’re searching for a “24-hour electrician near me” don’t be surprised if you find us sitting just two rows over.)
The Knights’ first home game will be Thursday, April 12, when they will take on the Scranton/WB. Game time is 7 pm. The Knights’ will be giving away refrigerator magnets with their 2018 schedule that night, so you can keep up with the team.
Some fans prefer the action in Minor League Baseball. And with the Knights we’re kind of getting the best of both worlds. The team is a Triple-A Affiliate of the Chicago White Sox. Triple-A teams are the pinnacle of the Minor League hierarchy, meaning the players are as close to Major League status and skill as you can get without actually being in the Major League.
According to the Charlotte Observer, “The Knights are among the top in Minor League Baseball attendance.” Last year, the paper reports, an average of 8,827 fans showed up to root, root, root for the home team at their games last year. There are often rumors of Charlotte getting a Major League team in the next round of MLB expansions, but the Knights are only in the fifth year of a 20-year contract and they’re keeping baseball fans well entertained.
The Knights aren’t the only MiLB team in the area. We really are blessed with an abundance of farm teams, including the:
- Asheville Tourists
- Buies Creek Astros
- Carolina Mudcats
- Down East Wood Ducks
- Durham Bulls
- Greensboro Grasshoppers
- Hickory Crawdads
- Kannapolis Intimidators
- Winston-Salem Dash
(Too bad there isn’t a team called the Charlotte Electricians! They’d be sure to get the crowd charged up for every game.)
And of course, there are plenty of other sports you can enjoy in and around Charlotte, including:
- The NFL Carolina Panthers. Last year, the Panthers finished with a 11-5 record, making it as far as the Wild Card Round, where they lost to the New Orleans Saints.
- The Charlotte Hornets of the NBA. And, for those who can’t get enough basketball, there’s also the Greensboro Swarm, and NBA G League team.
- If you’re a hockey fan, Charlotte is a great place to be. The National Hockey League is represented by the Carolina Hurricanes. The American Hockey League is represented by the Charlotte Checkers. Then we have the Fayetteville Marksmen in the Southern Professional Hockey League and the Carolina Thunderbirds in the Federal Hockey League.
- Then, of course we have motorsports, specifically the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series.
- Soccer is also well represented by the North Carolina Courage (National Women’s Soccer League); the Charlotte Independence (United Soccer League); the Wilmington Hammerheads, Tobacco Road FC, Charlotte Eagles, Carolina Dynamo and North Carolina FC U23 (all of the Premier Development League); and the Asheville City SC (National Premier Soccer League).
- We even have a professional lacrosse team, the Charlotte Hounds of Major League LaCrosse!
If you’re not a big sports fan, but want to feel like a winner, trust your next electrical job to Father and son electric service electricians of Charlotte. With 35 years of experience as a fully licensed and insured electrical contractor in Charlotte NC, the professionals at Father and son electric service know what it takes to make every customer happy.